Services >> Workshops & Seminars
ELCINA is India's oldest and the largest Electronics Association promoting manufacturing and business development in Electronics & IT. As one of the first ISO 9001:2008 certified associations, ELCINA's membership base is spread across the entire country and represents companies in the public, joint and private sectors including multinationals and state funded promotional bodies.
Through Workshops, Seminars, Conferences and Training Programs, ELCINA implements its agenda of Self Empowerment of its members. ELCINA embarked on Industry Self Empowerment Programmes (SEPs) in 1999 to fulfill the need of Indian IT/Electronics hardware and equipment and component manufacturing companies to meet the challenges of zero protection and operating in a fiercely competitive global business environment. In fact, ELCINA's member companies were the first in the country to face nil protection or zero customs tariff (i.e., ICs, Chip components, monitor tubes were placed at zero per cent customs tariff from March 2000). Several other product groups have been placed at zero customs tariff since March 2005. Hence, this sector is faced with challenges hitherto unknown to other sections of the Indian industry. ELCINA's collaborates with specialists, trainers and consultants to meet the most pressing needs of the electronics hardware sector.
Some of the important Workshops/Seminars conducted by ELCINA in the recent past include
- RoHS & Lead Free Manufacturing
- The Export Journey
- Wake Up Call - Strategies for combating Global Competitive Challenges
- Six Sigma Training
- Benchmarking business practices of Electronics Hardware
SELF EMPOWERMENT PROGRAMS
The range of activities covered under ELCINA's SEPs are given below with a short description :
- Environment Management System (EMS), Cleaner Technologies/processes coupled with ISO14000. ELCINA helps in awareness, certification, plant level practices and work with companies. Factory visits and successful case studies are also arranged.
- Customer satisfaction developed for specific electronics/IT companies - working on customer satisfaction models and check lists with companies through resource persons for a time-bound period depending the need of the company
- Competitive strategies for Electronics/IT manufacturing companies Using web-enabled tools (developed by Michel Porter promoted On The Frontier) and active factory and company level support
- Benchmarking industry parameters and business practices for electronics/IT industry - Conducting Benchmarking Surveys and Workshops
- Managing Family businesses - working with resource persons who are top notch experts in the field
- Successful entrepreneurship and business models for the Electronics/IT manufacturers - Case studies & Experience Sharing
- ISO9000-2000 certification - awareness, practice, certification and evaluation
- Six Sigma - Black Belt and Green Belt - ELCINA runs awareness as well as extensive training programmes and awards certificates after a six sigma project submitted to ELCINA by a company is ratified by experts. Significant cost reduction and improvement in bottomline have been reported by companies undergoing six sigma projects.