ELCINA CENTER FOR KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT
About ELCINA CKM
Self-empowerment has been the cornerstone of Electronic Industries Association of India's activities for enhancing competitiveness of industry. To achieve this end, Electronic Industries Association of India has been conducting seminars, workshops and training programs on contemporary management systems and emerging technologies which confront the electronics industry and need to be mastered. The focus has been on quality systems such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and Six Sigma, Management Systems such as the EICC and Environmental Legislation (RoHS, WEEE, EuP) which has become a major concern due to global warming which is a threat to our very existence.
The need for a Centre for Knowledge Management (CKM) was felt due to the proliferation of these management and quality systems, standards, tools as well as global legislation which is becoming an insurmountable and expensive challenge to overcome. The industry is faced with questions regarding which system to adopt, who are the right trainers, how to manage the cost of these systems and how to imbibe and implement this knowledge effectively ? The CKM seeks to provide an answer to these intractable questions as a friend of the industry.
The CKM is an entity which guides and empowers industry to focus on the right management and quality tools enabling it to produce environmentally friendly high quality products at the lowest cost using relevant technology for competitiveness.
ELCINA - CKM endeavours toProvide Training to all levels of Supervisory Staff and Managers responsible for manufacturing activityDevelop skills for manufacturing competitiveness through better quality & technology and lower cost
- Quality : consistent quality, low defects (PPM Level), high performance, durable & reliable products;
- Training programs include SPC, 7QC Tools, Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA) and Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and more.
- Cost Competitiveness
- Training Programs include Six Sigma, Productivity Improvement & Cost Control, Lean Manufacturing.
- Technology : Ability to develop new Products and Improved Processes;
- Training Programs include Energy Efficiency, Clean & Green technologies, RoHS, Eco-Design, Management System Analysis (Kaizen, Kanban).
- Provide Training to Industry on Management System Standards Such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 20000 etc. for Preparation of Documents, implementation and take up work related to Compliance Verification of EICC (Electronic Industry Code of Conduct).
- Take Up On-site / In-House Training for Members requiring programs for organisation development and in Industry clusters where a small group of companies may need such training facility